African-American Methodist Church

The current New London Methodist Episcopal Church was erected in 1930, the third church building to be erected on this site since it was originally donated for the purpose. It remained in use for sixty years before it closed in 1990. In 1851 Andrew Holt, an emancipated African American man donated the small parcel for the construction of a church “for the special but not exclusive benefit of coloured people.” The building is now owned by the Friends of New London and restoration plans are underway.

MANAGED BY THE FRIENDS OF NEW LONDON, VIRGINIA, INC. – A 501(c)3 organization.

Copyright © 2019